The syndicate act as true Business Angels offering extensive business experience and access to networking opportunities as well as money. We care deeply about the businesses in which we invest and the following points reflect our basic investment philosophies.
- We seek to grow strong businesses over time.
- We will provide further funding rounds as appropriate provided that the business case for such investment is sound.
- We do not force early exits, preferring to work with management in the interests of all their shareholders.
- We provide significant experience in negotiating appropriate debt and grant facilities.
- We seek a two way open and honest relationship between investors and executive management.
- We require monthly accounts and other relevant information which will be reviewed and discussed with us.
- We are prepared to syndicate with other like minded investment groups and will help find new investors where relevant for future funding rounds.
- We believe in fostering the motivation of senior management and will encourage incentive options if appropriate.
Archangels reports exceptional year of investment in Scottish businesses
24 Feb 2015Archangels and SIB invest £3.3m in three Scottish companies
Archangels, the prominent business angel syndicate which has been at the forefront of early stage investing for over two decades, announces today (Tuesday 24th February) that 2014 represented one of its most active years for investment in Scottish-based early stage and established technology and life sciences businesses and provided strong levels of returns for investors.
15 Feb 2015Powerphotonic - Beam Shaper Optics for Industrial Materials Processing
Archangels, the prominent business angel syndicate which has been at the forefront of early stage investing in Scotland for more than two decades, announces that, alongside Scottish Enterprise's investment arm, Scottish Investment Bank (SIB), it has completed additional rounds of funding totalling over £3.3m for three growing Scottish businesses.
01 Oct 2014Airborne Energy in action
PowerPhotonic continues to expand its range of beam shaper micro-optics for industrial materials processing. There are options for all laser types including single mode and multi-mode lasers. Designed in UV-fused silica glass, they are
ideal for multi kilowatt high power applications. Greater than 95% intensity uniformity can easily be achieved
20 Sep 2014Cable gets to grips with Great British design
Airborne Energy's vertical axis turbines have now been installed on several test sites. Click on the link below to view one in action.
25 Jun 2014
Business Secretary, Vince Cable, saw bionic limbs, an airship and a model of a hypersonic aircraft when he launched the ‘Pioneering Great British Products' report at Liverpool's Life Sciences University Technical College.