The syndicate act as true Business Angels offering extensive business experience and access to networking opportunities as well as money. We care deeply about the businesses in which we invest and the following points reflect our basic investment philosophies.
- We seek to grow strong businesses over time.
- We will provide further funding rounds as appropriate provided that the business case for such investment is sound.
- We do not force early exits, preferring to work with management in the interests of all their shareholders.
- We provide significant experience in negotiating appropriate debt and grant facilities.
- We seek a two way open and honest relationship between investors and executive management.
- We require monthly accounts and other relevant information which will be reviewed and discussed with us.
- We are prepared to syndicate with other like minded investment groups and will help find new investors where relevant for future funding rounds.
- We believe in fostering the motivation of senior management and will encourage incentive options if appropriate.
Powerphotonic - Beam Shaper Optics for Industrial Materials Processing
01 Oct 2014Airborne Energy in action
PowerPhotonic continues to expand its range of beam shaper micro-optics for industrial materials processing. There are options for all laser types including single mode and multi-mode lasers. Designed in UV-fused silica glass, they are
ideal for multi kilowatt high power applications. Greater than 95% intensity uniformity can easily be achieved
20 Sep 2014Cable gets to grips with Great British design
Airborne Energy's vertical axis turbines have now been installed on several test sites. Click on the link below to view one in action.
25 Jun 2014MGB Biopharma Expands Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) with Medical Microbiologist Dr Stephanie Dancer
Business Secretary, Vince Cable, saw bionic limbs, an airship and a model of a hypersonic aircraft when he launched the ‘Pioneering Great British Products' report at Liverpool's Life Sciences University Technical College.
23 Jun 2014Touch Bionics founder receives Queen’s Honour
MGB Biopharma, a biopharmaceutical company developing truly novel anti-infectives, announces today that Dr Stephanie Dancer, an internationally renowned medical microbiologist, has joined its scientific advisory board (SAB). She will help oversee the development of MGB Biopharma’s lead antibiotic candidate, MGB-BP-3. An oral formulation of MGB-BP-3 is ready to enter Phase I development for Clostridium difficile, and an iv presentation is in late preclinical development for Gram-positive hospital acquired infections.
16 Jun 2014
David Gow named Commander of the Order of the British Empire
Touch Bionics, a provider of world-leading prosthetic technologies, is proud to announce that the company's founder, David Gow, was named Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in this year's Queen's Birthday Honours list.