The syndicate act as true Business Angels offering extensive business experience and access to networking opportunities as well as money. We care deeply about the businesses in which we invest and the following points reflect our basic investment philosophies.
- We seek to grow strong businesses over time.
- We will provide further funding rounds as appropriate provided that the business case for such investment is sound.
- We do not force early exits, preferring to work with management in the interests of all their shareholders.
- We provide significant experience in negotiating appropriate debt and grant facilities.
- We seek a two way open and honest relationship between investors and executive management.
- We require monthly accounts and other relevant information which will be reviewed and discussed with us.
- We are prepared to syndicate with other like minded investment groups and will help find new investors where relevant for future funding rounds.
- We believe in fostering the motivation of senior management and will encourage incentive options if appropriate.
SCOTTISH SMES ANNOUNCE COLLABORATION TO ASSIST IN ESTABLISHMENT OFSTRATIFIED MEDICINE SCOTLAND INNOVATION CENTRE
23 Apr 2013Touch Bionics unveils next generation prosthetic hand with powered thumb rotation
Today Scotland’s First Minister Alex Salmond announced the creation of a £20M Stratified Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre (SMS-IC), an initiative to grow Scotland’s reputation as a world leader in the conduct of “smart” clinical trials.
In the simplest terms, stratified medicine is about delivering “the right therapy, for the right patient, in the right dose, at the right time”. It is a medical model using clinical information and molecular profiling technologies to tailor therapeutic strategies and to determine the predisposition to disease at the population level. It enables the delivery of timely and stratified care pathways, monitoring, treatment and prevention.
12 Apr 2013£500,000 invested in revolutionary Scottish IT software, ZoneFox
Touch Bionics, a provider of world-leading prosthetic technologies, today announced a significant advance to the company's groundbreaking i-limbTM technology. The i-limb ultra revolution, featuring a powered rotating thumb, 24 grip options and extra sensitive electrodes, is the first upper limb prosthesis that can be controlled via a mobile application.
08 Apr 2013£3.25m invested in LUX Assure, a corrosion management company for the oil and gas industry
A Scottish IT firm has received over half a million pounds of fresh investment from the angel community and the Scottish Investment Bank, the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise, which will enable the accelerated development of its innovative data security software product, ZoneFox, the flagship product of Edinburgh-based Inquisitive Systems.
18 Feb 2013Business angels given special recognition
Technology business LUX Assure has received £3.25m to transform the company from a technology development business to a service provider for the oil and gas industry.
The investment comes from ConocoPhillips; Statoil Technology Invest AS; Archangel Informal Investment (Archangels); and the Scottish Investment Bank (SIB), a division of Scottish Enterprise.
15 Feb 2013
Archangel Informal Investment has been given special recognition after investing millions of pounds in Scottish companies and providing much-needed cash injections for some of the country’s most exciting life science projects