The syndicate act as true Business Angels offering extensive business experience and access to networking opportunities as well as money. We care deeply about the businesses in which we invest and the following points reflect our basic investment philosophies.
- We seek to grow strong businesses over time.
- We will provide further funding rounds as appropriate provided that the business case for such investment is sound.
- We do not force early exits, preferring to work with management in the interests of all their shareholders.
- We provide significant experience in negotiating appropriate debt and grant facilities.
- We seek a two way open and honest relationship between investors and executive management.
- We require monthly accounts and other relevant information which will be reviewed and discussed with us.
- We are prepared to syndicate with other like minded investment groups and will help find new investors where relevant for future funding rounds.
- We believe in fostering the motivation of senior management and will encourage incentive options if appropriate.
Cable gets to grips with Great British design
25 Jun 2014MGB Biopharma Expands Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) with Medical Microbiologist Dr Stephanie Dancer
Business Secretary, Vince Cable, saw bionic limbs, an airship and a model of a hypersonic aircraft when he launched the ‘Pioneering Great British Products' report at Liverpool's Life Sciences University Technical College.
23 Jun 2014Touch Bionics founder receives Queen’s Honour
MGB Biopharma, a biopharmaceutical company developing truly novel anti-infectives, announces today that Dr Stephanie Dancer, an internationally renowned medical microbiologist, has joined its scientific advisory board (SAB). She will help oversee the development of MGB Biopharma’s lead antibiotic candidate, MGB-BP-3. An oral formulation of MGB-BP-3 is ready to enter Phase I development for Clostridium difficile, and an iv presentation is in late preclinical development for Gram-positive hospital acquired infections.
16 Jun 2014Touch Bionics introduces new control method for bionic hand
David Gow named Commander of the Order of the British Empire
Touch Bionics, a provider of world-leading prosthetic technologies, is proud to announce that the company's founder, David Gow, was named Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in this year's Queen's Birthday Honours list.
14 May 2014Technology Strategy Board Biomedical Catalyst Award to Drive Development of Novel System to Assess and Manage Tooth Decay (Dental Caries)
Livingston, Scotland – May 14, 2014 – Touch Bionics, a provider of world-leading prosthetic technologies, has announced the introduction of the latest enhancements to the i-limb™ ultra revolution at the OTWorld 2014 International Congress taking place in Leipzig, Germany.
09 May 2014
Calcivis, a medical devices company focused on revolutionising the management of tooth decay, today announces that it has received a prestigious Biomedical Catalyst award co-funding a £0.5m development programme and raised a further £0.8m in equity funding from existing investors Archangel Informal Investment and the Scottish Investment Bank, the investment arm of Scottish Enterprise.