Assuming that the basic criteria for investment are met and that the company has decided that it is seeking equity investment then the following process will be undertaken.
- The executive will review the business plan and let the company know whether or not the proposal will be considered further.
- If it is not suitable for Archangels, we will try and suggest other potential investment sources.
- If it is considered to be suitable for further investigation, then a meeting will be held with the management team to discuss the plan and the needs of the company.
- If there is still interest, then some basic due diligence will be undertaken and other members of the syndicate may become involved in the assessment.
- The company will be asked to present to the Board of Archangels.
- The investment and other resource needs of the company will be discussed and agreed and an outline deal structure will be set out.
- Appropriate due diligence and preparation of standard investment agreements etc will commence in parallel.
- The company will normally be asked to present to a forum of interested potential investor members.
- A non-executive chairman and a further non-executive director will be identified and agreed with the management team.
- Any debt or grant requirements will be finalised.
- Completion of the investment will proceed.
- Archangels endeavour to keep deal costs low, charging upon completion of a successful funding round a research fee to cover due diligence and the initial investment. We also use low cost standard legal agreements which keep the legal fees payable by the company for completion of an investment to a minimum. There is a modest annual fee to the companies to cover the costs of ongoing monitoring and liaison.
PowerPhotonic Signs Partnership Deal in Israel
25 Oct 2013Touch Bionics executive receives high Scottish honour
World leader in precision laser micro-optics expands presence in new markets.
07 Oct 2013Bloxx Announces Secure Sockets Layer Intercept (SSLI) Software Development Kit for Security Solution Providers
Livingston, Scotland – October 5, 2013 – Touch Bionics, a provider of world-leading prosthetic technologies, is proud to announce that the company’s Chief Technical Officer, Hugh Gill, has been inducted into the Scottish Engineering Hall of Fame, taking his place alongside engineering pioneers such as James Watt and Thomas Telford.
28 Aug 2013PowerPhotonic Inc. to attend Advanced High Power Lasers Meeting in Santa Fe, USA
Boston, Mass., (August 27, 2013) – With an increasing level of Web traffic rapidly moving to the encrypted Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) protocol, Bloxx is now offering its Secure Sockets Layer Intercept (SSLI) Software Development Kit (SDK) for security solution providers and security application developers seeking to add SSL traffic intercept capabilities to their Web content filtering, firewall or Unified Threat Management (UTM) solutions.
14 Jun 2013SCOTTISH SMES ANNOUNCE COLLABORATION TO ASSIST IN ESTABLISHMENT OFSTRATIFIED MEDICINE SCOTLAND INNOVATION CENTRE
World leader in precision laser micro-optics uses industry leading event to highlight range of high performance micro-optics
23 Apr 2013
Today Scotland’s First Minister Alex Salmond announced the creation of a £20M Stratified Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre (SMS-IC), an initiative to grow Scotland’s reputation as a world leader in the conduct of “smart” clinical trials.
In the simplest terms, stratified medicine is about delivering “the right therapy, for the right patient, in the right dose, at the right time”. It is a medical model using clinical information and molecular profiling technologies to tailor therapeutic strategies and to determine the predisposition to disease at the population level. It enables the delivery of timely and stratified care pathways, monitoring, treatment and prevention.